VistaWorks is looking for a New Mexico Account Manager
This candidate must be based in New Mexico and will work remotely with the rest of the VistaWorks team.
The role of the New Mexico Account Manager includes acquiring DMO clients throughout the state in need of destination management services, such as development, marketing, and website design. Additional duties include but are not limited to managing and executing New Mexico-based tourism projects, consulting, attending meetings and conferences, and developing tourism management and marketing plans.
Be the liaison to DMOs, tourism boards, commissioners, and any other tourism organization in New Mexico with the goal of promoting and securing VistaWorks services with tourism clients.
Lead all projects for New Mexico clients by coordinating with the VistaWorks team for project execution. This includes attending appropriate client board meetings either virtually or in person.
Attend tourism-related conferences and workshops representing VistaWorks.
Lead the creation of a traveling or multi-location tourism conference/workshop in New Mexico. Manage all workshop logistics. This model will then be duplicated and used in other states.
Provide grant consultation (not writing), funding identification, tourism opportunities, and mentoring to DMO clients. Also, act as the liaison to the New Mexico Tourism Department and other appropriate government and non-governmental entities.
- 2+ years experience as an Account Manager or similar, preferably within the tourism field
- Familiarity with tourism funding opportunities within New Mexico
- An established network of New Mexico tourism professionals
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, and the ability to inspire a sense of urgency for self and teammates
- Ability to problem-solve, balance multiple priorities, and meet deadlines
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail, reliable, and great energy
- Proficient in Google business applications, Slack, and project management software.
- Exhibit discretion with confidential information
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.